Find out what you need to know before you travel to the UK, and what to expect when you join us on campus. We’re here to help you and you will be provided with all the information you need to make your preparation as easy as possible.
We're looking forward to welcoming you
We are really looking forward to welcoming you to the International Study Centre. When you join us on campus, you will benefit from a face-to-face teaching, supported by an online hub and other online resources.
It is important that you are able to regularly attend your face-to-face classes as this is a UK visa requirement. To help with this, we provide accommodation options and support with the booking process. Should you choose to book your own accommodation, we suggest you live close to the Centre so you can make the most of your student experience, but your accommodation should be no more than one hour travel time from the Centre.
Here to support you
From visa application through to booking accommodation, you’ll be fully supported by our dedicated team every step of the way. We’ll support you with:
- What to pack
- Planning for your arrival
- How to make the most of your time with us
When you confirm your place, you will be able to access our Welcome Hub, which will give you lots of useful information to help you prepare for joining us on campus.
- A small amount of British money in case you need cash
- travel adaptor
- laptop (if possible) or you could buy one in Middlesbrough when you arrive. We can help you purchase a laptop that meets study requirements at a reasonable price through our trusted supplier, Plan-IT.
- small personal items to remind you of home.
- Prescription medications, with prescriptions translated into English
- Essential toiletries – you can buy any other medicines and toiletries once you arrive in Teesside
- Passport and visa
- UKVI Decision Letter
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Study letter (CAS)
- International Study Centre offer letter
- accommodation documents
- academic qualification certificates
- sponsor letter (if you are being sponsored)
- four passport-sized photographs
- insurance documents (unless you are covered by StudyCare Insurance Plus)
- medical certificates and vaccination records
- copy of your arrivals/transfer confirmation letter
- guardianship letter (if you are under 18)
What to expect on arrival
We have made the visa application process as simple as possible to help you with your application. Check out our helpful guide here.
Your student life
Middlesbrough is a great place to experience student life. Discover more about what makes studying at Teesside so special.
We are here to support you on your journey to joining the Teesside community. Find out more about how our expert team can help you.